Thursday, June 30, 2011

Unexpected Friendship / School Experiences

     Yesterday was a blast! First thing in the morning was a doze of coffee and a newspaper. I woke up around 5:45 a.m. with just 4 hours of sleep because I was busy writing the previous blog. Around 8:30 a.m. I was able to leave the house and then went to school. Upon arriving in our assigned classroom I sat on my chair, read the newspaper and minded my own business while waiting for our professor.
     
      In class we discussed so many things about the Rules of Readability in Broadcast Journalism. The subject was very interesting that it was one of the subjects I look forward to every week. I also knew why articles are written like those that I read. I didn't know that large numbers should be spelled-out. Acronyms that are used should be known by the majority. There were a lot of interesting things to be learned. I also enjoyed hearing the stories of my professor about his experiences in the media industry and how he was able to survive it all. My evaluation  about the subject is that it is very interesting and I want to learn more about it.

      My life in the classroom focuses only on my world since I had to friends yet. Well, I have some but we don't really talk that much. So during school days my route goes from house to school then back to our house. All I did in class was to listen to my professor.

      At the end of my day, my mom calls me and we discuss things like politics, current events and so many others. Recently, we were able to talk about me having friends. She told me that I should wait and not hurry looking for friends. I agreed and told her that I just need time. Maybe God is preparing something for me. I felt that. Yesterday, He did!

      While walking and heading for the gate of our school all I thought about was going home and getting some sleep. When I entered the jeep, I searched for my wallet to get some coins for payment not noticing the passengers who were with me. As I was searching  my bag, someone blurted out "Si Ate oh." Later on I realized that they were my classmates. They talked to me and I gladly answered their "getting to know" questions. Since it was lunch time and they were planning to eat in Cubao, they invited me. What amazed me was I did not feel any uncertainties and when we strolled the Araneta Center, we talked as if we were very close already. There were five of them but for me that was too large for me so I easily shy away.

      I was happy and thanked God for a wonderful day He gave me. He gave me something that was not in my plans. It was unexpected. Later on, I went home with a big smile on my face. Thank you Lord for new friends! :)



^____^

No comments:

Post a Comment